November 7, 2010

CrAzY TiMeS

I should probably be working on homework right now, but sometimes you just need to vent and let all your frustrations out. Like right now, I'm so stressed I can barely think straight. It's like the CA department faculty go together and had a meeting on "how can we make our students more stressed?" lol

I have a major assignment due for each class within two days of each other, and it's starting to get real difficult to manage my time between each project. In CA we have the Push/Pull, which I haven't had time to work on my animation because of problems with my Maya file. I finally got that figured out though, so tomorrow I'll spend about 12 hours in the labs working on it, then come back to my room and work on it some more before class starts at 8:30am Monday. For DFA we're doing an environment value painting, and here's a little preview of that:

I'm not too worried about this project as I am the others. My DFA class is the only CA class where I'm actually getting good grades. I think that's probably because I've always been good at drawing, it's sort of my comfort zone and doesn't take much effort. It's more natural.


My One-Minute Story animatic for Concept class is something I'm worried about and have been stressing about for a week now. We could come up with just about any story we wanted to do for this project, so I came up with a love story between a zombie and a human girl. It wasn't the greatest, but it was funny and witty. But..... my teacher didn't like it and suggested that I either make the story more creative or start from scratch. AFTER I had already been working on it for about two weeks. I've been pretty brain dead for awhile now and nothing I came up with was better, so I started from scratch. All that work I put into the story is just trash now, and I have to have a working animatic by Tuesday at 12:30. There's even more pressure because Karen and Billy (the other two Concept teachers), are also coming to our class to critique our work. I'm really nervous because I only finalized my story yesterday. I'm not going to be sleeping very much in the next couple weeks.

All I know, is that I need some motivation right about now. I don't mean to complain, but it's hard when you haven't had free time to just relax in over a month. I actually took a little time to try and have some fun on Halloween, but it just stressed me out more afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment