May 5, 2009

End of Freshman Year

So... tomorrow is my last day of my first year of college. It's kind of a sad thought, yet exciting at the same time. As of right now I'm sitting in my room, which feels like a jail cell since all I have is two suitcases worth of stuff to bring home. Everything else is already shipped home or in storage for the summer. Technically I should be working on my last self-portrait for my art history class, but first I need to finsih watching The Hobbit (the one from 1977!)

I leave Wednesday and will not return until late-August. I'll be heading back home to Minnesota!! I miss it there; the people, the seasons, friends and family, and just... everything. I'll still be working at Ebenezer Ridges, the old folkes home where I work in the kitchen, and I'll also be taking two summer courses at Dakota County Technical College. So I'll be pretty busy this summer between family, friends, work, school, and working on my art.

I DEFINITELY plan to work on my art. This whole year I've hardly had any time to work on any personal projects so I've kept images and a log of things that I've wanted to draw, and I plan to do them ALL this summer. There's also a chance I might be doing some children's book illustrations, so I have my fingers crossed. I also need to be working a bit in Autodesk Maya over the summer; at least to get familiar with the program for next semester. They call Maya the "monster" here lol

I also can't wait for next year to come because I'll actually be starting to work in COMPUTER animation. Hense the need to learn the Maya interface. Plus I'll be living in the student center with my bud Kayla. So I'll have my own bathroom and a common room with a TV! This year was really hard without a common area; I simply need to get out of my room sometimes but I don't have anywhere to go do work unless I call someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment